JOB ADVERT: KwaZulu Natal Christian Council (KZNCC) Provincial HIV and Aids Programme Coordinator. The KwaZulu-Natal Christian Council (KZNCC) is a fellowship of churches and church based organisations in KwaZulu-Natal Province. KZNCC and its members and partners cooperate to express their Christian faith, identity and rolling out initiatives that contribute to good health, peace, justice and social, economic and political development.
KZNCC seeks to employ a suitable candidate for the position of Provincial HIV and Aids Programme Coordinator.
Job Summary: As Programme Coordinator you will work as part of a team on a provincial project and provide coordination of a key function of the Faith-based Organizational Capacity Strengthening, HIV Treatment Surge project in South Africa to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will be directly reporting to the Programme Manager and ultimately to the CEO. Your coordination and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality coordination. As a coordinator you will proactively coordinate and administer the programme workshops, trainings sessions for information sharing to 9 partner Church Based Organizations and ensure a smooth organising of activities in EThekwini, UMgungundlovu and UMkhanyakude districts.
- Mobilising traditional leaders and traditional healers to participate in the programme through workshops, trainings, information sharing and field exposure visits
- Organising meetings and consultations with church leaders and academic institution to do theological reflection on health and HIV and AID
- In cooperation with the Programme manager, coordinating key aspects of the development, implementation and consolidation of the Faith-based Organizational Capacity Strengthening, HIV Treatment Surge project in KZN among the youth of the church in consultation with the provincial youth manager and faith based youth organisations such a Young Men Christian Association (YMCA), Youth for Christ (YfC), Africa Enterprise (AE), Scripture Union (SU) AND Student Christian Fellowship (SCF) in all tertiary institutions in KZN.
- Facilitating advocacy campaigns and interventions and counselling sessions with church leaders, traditional leaders and traditional healers.
Relevant education and experience requirements:
- A Diploma or higher certificate in Public Health, health, behavioral, social sciences or demography is required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in implementing and evaluating HIV/AIDS treatment and care programmes.
- General knowledge of Health, HIV treatment and care dynamics in KwaZulu Natal.
- Demonstrated experience of successful coordination, including coordination of multi-activity projects.
- Staff coordination experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships and networking and facilitation of successful initiatives.
- Good organizing and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget coordination systems.
- Driving license.
- Knowledge of basic budgeting and financial controls.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving and ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to lead teams of workers from diverse backgrounds.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Required Languages: English and IsiZulu languages
Travel: The job requires extensive travelling in support of partners, meeting with strategic networks, leadership and other stakeholders in various parts of KwaZulu Natal.
All-inclusive remuneration – R234 000 – R260 000
KZNCC talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. KZNCC is the Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, submit your CV and a motivation letter to the Chief Executive Officer, email@example.com by 30 November 2018 or hand deliver at 50 Langalibalele Street, Pietermaritzburg.