JOB ADVERT : The KwaZulu-Natal Christian Council (KZNCC) is a fellowship of churches and church based organisations in KwaZulu-Natal Province. KZNCC and its members and partners cooperate to express their Christian faith, identity rolling out initiatives that contribute to good health, peace, justice, social, economic and political development.
KZNCC seeks to employ 5 suitable candidates for the position of faith-based community health fieldworker.
Basic Job Description: To implement activities that strengthen, HIV Treatment Surge project in South Africa three 90s program. Assisting individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviours. Conducting targeted outreach that is focussed on HIV counselling, testing, treatment and adherence. Running awareness workshops and information sharing in churches and the general public to promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health. Providing information on available resources, providing social support and counselling services. Advocating for individuals and community health needs, and providing general wellness services such as basic first aid, blood sugar level testing, blood pressure testing, and body temperature screening and have a strong referral system.
Duties and Tasks:
- Mobilising local church congregants and general community members to administer the three 90s program.
- Promoting church based facilities for HIV services and rolling out widespread HIV counselling, testing and treatment processes as planned.
- Sharing information and advising church members and community groups on issues related to wellness, especially HIV testing, breast cancer screening, blood pressure testing, blood sugar testing and diabetes screenings, treatment and health management.
- Supporting churches and communities to form HIV and Aids support groups as well as HIV treatment adherence groups.
- Facilitating community workshops on health issues related to risk or prevention of conditions such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), prenatal substance abuse, or domestic violence.
- Identifying the particular health care needs of individuals in a community or target area and taking appropriate action.
- Maintaining updated client records with plans, notes, appropriate forms, or related information.
- Advising community groups on issues related to HIV prevention, good diet and hygiene.
- Networking and advocating for individual and community health needs with government agencies or health service providers.
- Attending church community meetings to understand community health issues and building relationships with community members, and creating demand for HIV testing.
- Distributing flyers, brochures, or other informational or educational documents to inform members of a targeted community.
- Accompanying some community members to scheduled health appointments or referral sites for the needed health services.
- Collecting information from individuals to compile vital statistics about the general health of community members in the specific District
Relevant education and experience requirements:
- At least a matric certificate.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in implementing and evaluating HIV/AIDS treatment and care programs.
- General knowledge of health, HIV treatment and care dynamics in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Good organizing and planning skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving and ability to approach people engaging them in discussions about HIV and Aids and other health issues.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels all age groups, all gender groups, all racial groups.
Required Languages: English and IsiZulu
All-inclusive annual remuneration – R43 200
KZNCC talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
KZNCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, submit your CV and a motivation letter to the Chief Executive Officer, email@example.com by November 30, 2018 or hand deliver at 50 Langalibalele Street, Pietermaritzburg.