JOB ADVERT: KwaZulu Natal Christian Council (KZNCC) Provincial HIV and Aids Program Manager
The KwaZulu-Natal Christian Council (KZNCC) is a fellowship of churches and church based organisations in KwaZulu-Natal Province. KZNCC and its members and partners cooperate to express their Christian faith, identity rolling out initiatives that contribute to good health, peace, justice and social, economic and political development.
KZNCC seeks to employ a suitable candidate for the position of Provincial HIV and Aids Program Manager.
Job Summary: As Program Manager you will work as part of a team on a provincial project and provide oversight of a key function of the Faith-based Organizational Capacity Strengthening, HIV Treatment Surge project in South Africa to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming. As a senior manager you will proactively manage and administer the program planning, operations and reporting, including providing strategic assistance to 9 partner Church Based Organizations and ensure a smooth implementation of planned activities in EThekwini, UMgungundlovu and UMkhanyakude districts. You will account to the KZNCC Chief Executive Officer.
- Set the strategic direction for the project by managing planning, operations, capacity building, information management, program monitoring and financial and narrative accounting to meet donor and beneficiaries expectations
- Participate in and represent KZNCC and its partners in various relevant KZN HIV and Aids platforms such as District Aids Councils (DACs) (in EThekwini, UMgungundlovu and UMkhanyakude districts),and the Provincial Aids Council (PAC).
- Supporting the Data Analyst to develop systems and produce comprehensive quality reporting as required.
- Managing key aspects of the development, implementation and consolidation of the Faith-based Organizational Capacity Strengthening, HIV Treatment Surge project in KZN.
- Managing effective (radio, social, electronic and print) media and publicity as well as communication between KZNCC and all stakeholders.
- Assisting our partner Church based organizations in understanding and participating fully in the program and planned outcomes and outputs.
- Creating and maintaining proper conditions for learning and sharing of program ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for KZNCC and partner staff and recommend trainings and technical assistance.
Relevant education and experience requirements:
- A tertiary degree or Diploma or higher certificate in Public Health, social sciences or demography is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in implementing and evaluating HIV/AIDS treatment and care programs.
- General knowledge of health, HIV treatment and care dynamics in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Demonstrated experience of successful management, including management of multi-activity projects.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience of engaging partners and strengthening partnerships, networking and facilitation of successful initiatives.
- Good organizing and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- 10. Driving license, and ownership of a vehicle is an added advantage.
- 11. Knowledge of basic budgeting and financial controls.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving and ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to lead teams of workers from diverse backgrounds.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Required Languages: English and IsiZulu
Travel: The job requires extensive travelling in support of partners, meeting with strategic networks, leadership and other stakeholders in various parts of KwaZulu Natal.
All-inclusive remuneration – R260 000 – R351 000
KZNCC talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
KZNCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, submit your CV and a motivation letter to the Chief Executive Officer, email@example.com by November 30, 2018 or hand deliver at 50 Langalibalele Street, Pietermaritzburg.